Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Disney Internship 1st Day [1/22/07/Monday]

I warn you now: My Photo Journal/Diary is always a list of events/schedule that I've done for the day(s). It may be boring to you at times, because of all the detailed descriptions, but it is meaningful to me and this is just how I write. I hardly include any emotions or feelings, or any personal stuff for that matter, not that there are any anyway, haha, so don't expect too much. Anyway, just want to warn you beforehand that it may be long and boring.
Don't like it, don't read ^_^
Also, as my brother knows very well (or actually, the whole world), my English is very poor, especially grammar-wise...I hate English -_-'' and don't give me that excuse that I go to school here in America... XD

Well, ENJOY!

Key: [P] = Picture caption

Disney Internship with Sabrina + Ah Wing
1st day: [1/22/07/Monday]

Woke up at around 3:50am for our 6:15am flight to Orlando at JFK. Stayed at Ah Wing's (actual name: Wing Kang Lau - Cantonese) place the previous night. We left the house at 5am, and got to the airport at 5:30am.
Our airline is JetBlue, and the plane that we were on was newly built. Even though it was only a 3-hour flight, we each had our own personalized TV with Direct TV and we could watch tv shows onboard. The seats were all leather, very comfy, and very soft.
[P] On the plane almost about to land. Left~Right: Sabrina, Ah Wing, TLee

Because we hardly slept the night before, only about 3 hours, we all were seriously dead on the plane, haha, especially Ah Wing who didn't even go to bed at all the entire night because she haven't started packing yet (yupyup, only a couple of hours until our trip) and also she was busy downloading music into her mp3.
[P] Right after takeoff. Just wanted to show you how early it really really is! The sun isn't even up yet and it's still dark outside!!! wahhh... ='( Zzz

[P] Another pic of how dark it was outside. This is JFK airport at night

[P] Sunrise starting to set in. Beautiful skyyyy <3

Anyway, I slept for about 2 hours, and then the other half-hour watched a bit of tv, although there weren't really much on because it was regular tv shows and that time it was only around 8ish, so it was mostly all news. The news was the best because they gave the forecast of both New York and Florida, and oh my, wat a difference! New York: the entire week was 30ish degrees with Friday the coldest, highest only 23 degrees. Florida: right then it was sunny and 68 degrees when we landed ^_^


[P] The Blue Potato chips JetBlue offered us on the plane for snacks. I just had to take a pic of this and show it off because I have never seen blue potato chips in my entire life, and thought it was something worth taking pics of, haha. It was actually pretty good, only lacks a bit of salt, but it was harder and crispier than regular potato chips that we're used to. Pretty good. Go and have a try if you've never had this before

[P] Sun slowly setting in. The clouds look so fluffy, so squishy! ^ ^

[P] Arriving at Orlando International Airport!!!! Yay, we're here! FINALLY, the long-waited trip! ^_^

[P] After we got off the plane and finally out the airport, wowwww the warm cool breeze. Soooo comfortable!!! Beautiful weather that we haven't seen in New York for so long, haha. Yay! ^^

[P] Our apartment complex: Vista Way Apartments... well actually, just the sign, haha. Sorry, I haven't taken any pics yet of our entire community, haha, only the sign. I kept forgetting. Sorry! I will soon!

Our arrival day schedule was just hectic. Sooo tiresome, from the moment we arrived at the spot at around 10am, we have been nonstop until almost 7pm when we finally had time to eat dinner, or eat anything for that matter. We had to run around from one location/building to the next just for the entire check-in process, which involved telling us about our housing policies, getting our apartment assignments, payment for housing applications (which mine is $73 deducted from my paycheck per week), then the Disney look where they tell us our proper dress codes from hair to necklace to shoes, then getting our Housing Photo ID taken, signing our I-9 Employment Tax form, a 2 hour Welcome presentation at another apartment complex about 15 minutes from us (which was absolutely sooooo boring...Zzz...), and then a long hour line for a 10 minute fingerprint scan to check our backgrounds for any crimes. This all took place from 10am until 7pm... We were starrrrving by that time since had nothing to eat, and so when it was finally over, we ran to the first place we could find around our area, which was Wendy's and we seriously gobbled our meal down soooo fast

[P] We were exhausted for our entire 1st day... nonstop busy-ness(?) from the moment we woke up that morning at 3:50am until 7pm for dinner... this is what we looked like at the end of the night...Zzzzz

11 Comments:

At January 24, 2007 at 11:30 PM , Blogger Max E Pad said...

Haha! First day officially out of the house and you've already experienced some of the worst case scenarios of living on your own....don't worry, it can only go up from here....except for your 6:17am bus ride tomorrow morning :)

Well, I'm off to bed. An entire day of packing is killing me (I have TWO LARGE BOXES FULL OF SHOES! Goodness)

Anyhoo, love you! Nighty Nighty!

 
At January 24, 2007 at 11:31 PM , Blogger Max E Pad said...

Oh, and welcome to the world of blogging! Jeanne will be happy she's recruited another sucker.

 
At January 24, 2007 at 11:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh dear... Teresa has started blogging. :p j/k hehe...
Sounds like you're in for a lot of fun! I look forward to hearing/reading about it.
Enjoy Florida!

 
At January 25, 2007 at 1:16 PM , Blogger Jeanne said...

I didn't recruit anyone - she did this out of her own free will. I'm glad you did though - this gives me a lot of visibility into your day (but none into your psyche...) - keep taking lots of pictures!!!!!!!!!

What is your official title in the internship?

 
At January 25, 2007 at 11:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi~
Teresa i miss u~ we all miss u~
that will be a good lesson and experience~
enjoy ur new life and take care yourself~~~ good luck~
go~go~go~!!!!

 
At January 25, 2007 at 11:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Baby~
I'm so happy that you finally have your own blog because from now on I'm able to leave some crazy messages here as what you always did on my web!!!!HaHaHa!!!


I love the pictures!!! You guys are cute! But I would like to see more!!! I want to see your room, your roommates, your working place, and I want to see Mickey!!!^0^"

哈哈哈而且我決定要當第一個留中文的人了
because you are soooooo asian!!!
我們好棒都看得懂中文,外國人看不懂~~~
Okey 好晚囉!我要去洗澡了~
Good Nite NiNi~
Have a Magical Night!!!

 
At January 26, 2007 at 10:31 AM , Blogger Max E Pad said...

HEY, you have more readers than I do, and I've had this for over a year.... I hate you, officially.

 
At January 26, 2007 at 10:31 AM , Blogger Max E Pad said...

arrrrggghhh.....

 
At January 26, 2007 at 1:53 PM , Blogger Jeanne said...

It's been two days since your last post. WHERE ARE YOU? I knew that Mickey Mouse was up to no good.

 
At January 27, 2007 at 12:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

first, hurrah for blogging! can't wait to hear of all your "magical" adventures :o) keep the pictures coming!

second, i adore terra chips. the blue ones are so good! also, try the sweet potato ones!

hope the rest of your days arent as crazy as the first and talk to you soon!

 
At May 27, 2012 at 4:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to let you all and Teresa know that due to security reasons that I will not discuss further, WDW has changed their ID card format. The ID pictured here was printed before that change went into effect. Therefore by having a picture of Teresa’s Disney ID on here puts her at risk.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home